A weekend Buddhist meditation retreat led by Vancouver, BC, dharma teacher Kyira Korrigan, supported by Dharma Punx facilitators from Washington, Oregon and British Columbia. Guided sitting and walking meditations, dharma talks, group discussion, and some time for reflection, rest, or hiking in the surrounding forest.
Set against the beauty of the Lewis and Clark state park near Chehalis, Washington (just off I-5 about 2h south of Seattle), retreat cost includes five vegetarian meals and two nights of lodging.
Be aware that accomodations are modest:
- Bunk beds in one large shared room
- One large co-ed bathroom
- One small private bathroom
- You are expected to help with chores (cooking/cleaning/dishwashing)
March 23rd - 25th, 2012
Begins: Friday 6pm
Ends: Sunday 11am
Lewis & Clark State Park
Environmental Learning Center
4583 Jackson Highway
Winlock, Washington 98596
From I-5: Take exit # 68, and head east on Highway 12 about 2.5 miles. At Jackson Highway turn right, heading south. Continue about two miles to park entrance. Take the first left after you pass the park office, the large building to your right will be the ELC.
Google map || Park map(PDF) || Video tour of the venue
Bunk bed lodging + 5 meals: $75-$100 sliding scale
In addition, you should consider bringing cash for Dana for the dharma teacher at the retreat. What is dana?
Scholarships available, please email for details.
What to bring
- Bedding and pillow/s
- Extra blanket or sleeping bag
- Warm, comfortable clothing and shoes/boots
- Raincoat for outdoor walking meditation
- Water bottle
- You or others may snore; please come prepared for this possibility (nose guards, ear plugs)
- Optional: Extra snacks, meditation cushion or mat
What not to bring: Pets, burnables (candles, incense), camp stoves, recreational drugs or alcohol. A full list of the rules governing Washington state parks can be found here.